Sunday 8 May 2011

first door model

To start off I began with a vertical rectangular shape for the door and beveled the two top corner and moved the offset the its maximum which rounded the top of the mesh into a curve which it then looked something like this,


after then doing this I created a thin square that was to be the wall for the door. I duplicated the door to be safe so that if anything happens the original mesh is still intact.
I expanded the width between the front and back face of the door copy then moved the bottom edges of the mesh so there was alot of registered space between the walls and the door so I could use it as a boolean so the door could fit inside the wall.... after using the boolean tool the copy of the door disappeared so it was good I duplicated it otherwise the original mesh would be gone.




once done the basic shape looked something like this


No comments:

Post a Comment